Posted on: Wednesday May 15, 2019


100 students benefits from special program for employment of students in CamSur
The annual Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) has officially begun with the orientation and contract signing of beneficiaries last May 2, 2019 at Sangguniang Panlalawigan Session Hall. 100 senior high school and college students have the privilege to enjoy the benefits of the summer job experience at provincial government through the SPES Program.

SPES is a youth employment-bridging program of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in partnership with the Provincial Government of Camarines Sur through the Public Employment Service Offices (PESO), which aims to provide summer employment to underprivileged but deserving students. The SPES beneficiaries will be working eight hours a day for 20 working days in different offices of the provincial government where their knowledge and skills are most suited.

Each beneficiary will be earning P477.75 per day in which 60% will come from the provincial government, while the remaining 40% will be from DOLE. They are also entitled to an insurance coverage from the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) for one year.

 

“The great thing about this program is that it helps students not just to pursue finishing school but also to pursue their big dreams. They are given the privilege to have working experience that will help them to professionally grow, gain new knowledge as well as enhance their skills,” said Ms. Rodresha Torallo, CamSur PESO Manager.

The Provincial Government of Camarines Sur has been a consistent employer for the SPES Program since 2013. Interested applicants have undergone the screening process through submission of requirements, written exams, and interviews. For an applicant to be qualified they must also be: an indigent, incapable of financial support, parent’s income does not exceed P49,000 as annual income, no failing grades with 80 and above grades.

“I first learned about SPES from my relatives and immediately grabbed the opportunity. I am very thankful that I am one of the beneficiaries of this program because I was able to enhance my skills because of my working experience here. The money we earn is also very helpful in attending to needs in my studies,” shared Ronnie Celestial Luzon, 18 years old student of San Jose Pili National High School. As an incoming freshman in college, he once again applied for SPES and been a beneficiary for 3 years now. He is currently assigned to work at the office of Sangguniang Panlalawigan.

 

“When I started in SPES, I was earning P200.oo per day. I am delighted to know that the rate now has also increased. I am really grateful to DOLE and the provincial government especially Gov. Migz for this kind of program. This program does not only benefit me financially but also helps in my personal and professional development,” He also added while looking back at his first SPES journey.

SPES is among the programs of the DOLE that the provincial government continuously supports and implements to further bring better career opportunities as well as foster character growth to the youth in Camarines Sur.

 

Written By: Kyna De Castro

Other Stories

AGRICULTURE
15 Nov 2019

COMMITMENTS
15 Nov 2019

EDUCATION
09 Sep 2019

ENVIRONMENT
20 Nov 2019

LIVELIHOOD
30 Oct 2019

NEWS
27 Nov 2019