Posted on: Thursday May 03, 2018


200 students benefit from Special Program for the Employment of Students of CamSur
The annual Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) of the Provincial Government of Camarines Sur has officially begun with the orientation and contract signing of the participants on April 26, 2018 at the Capitol Convention Center. Over 200 junior and senior high school and college students and out-of-school youth signed up for a summer job offered by the provincial government.

Together with their parents, the students were oriented of their rights, responsibilities, and privileges as employees. They were also informed of the big bump in their salary grade. Last year, participants of SPES earned Php. 250 a day. This year, they wil be receiving Php. 477.73 a day. Of their pay, 60% will come from the Provincial Government of Camarines Sur, while the remaining 40% will be from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

 

 

“This summer job will help me pay my school fees. More importantly, this will give me work experience and preparedness for the future,” said Mae Layosa, 17-year-old from Milaor, Camarines Sur. “In behalf of all the beneficiaries, I would like to thank Governor Migz Villafuerte because this is really helpful for us students and for our parents, too,” she added.

SPES Program is mandated by the DOLE with the aim to help underprivileged but deserving students and out-of-school youth to pursue their studies. This program will enable the beneficiaries to gain skills and work experience, while helping them financially. More than this, the SPES program is designed to contribute to the particpating students’ character development and growth.

Ella Marie Pachoco, 21-year-old out-of-school youth from Garchitorena is planning to study again this school year. “I had to stop schooling because of financial problems. A huge thanks to Gov. Migz because without this program, it would be difficult for us, who don’t always have enough to support our studies, to attend school,” said Pachoco.

The beneficiaries will begin their 20-day summer job on the second week of May. They will be positioned in different offices of the provincial capitol that best fit their qualifications.

Written By: Charen Vera

Other Stories

AGRICULTURE
15 Nov 2019

COMMITMENTS
15 Nov 2019

ENVIRONMENT
20 Nov 2019

HEALTH
27 Nov 2019

LIVELIHOOD
30 Oct 2019

NEWS
27 Nov 2019